Help with wainlux k6

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

T.eddie

Help with wainlux k6

Post by T.eddie »

Hi all,

As per intro I've recently dipped in to having a go laser engraving, specifically with the aim to laser engrave my own leather for patches on hats.

I've got a wainlux K6 which I can't get to work with my laptop bur am able to connect to an app and go from there.

Had a first go yesterday on a supplied bit of wood and all seemed well. Went to do a 2nd attempt today with the same design and a different one on another sample bit of wood and this is where things have gone weird.

The laser seemed to move the design at random intervals meaning some of my lines didn't add up. I thought at first it had lost connection so tried a 3rd time leaving my phone next to the machine on a test bit of leather but the same again.

The heading are mostly in Chinese but I believe I had:
Contrast 50 for black and white engraving
Power 70
Depth 50
Passes 1
Accuracy high

Anyone encountered the same or have any advice on this would be greatly appreciated
jgarciaa

Re: Help with wainlux k6

Post by jgarciaa »

It sounds like you're experiencing some difficulties with your Wainlux K6 laser engraver. While troubleshooting your current setup, I'd like to suggest considering Monport lasers as a potential alternative. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendliness, high quality, and affordability, making them a great option for beginners and experienced users alike. You can check out their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 As for your current issue, it's possible that the random movements could be due to connectivity issues or settings mismatches. Ensure that your device is properly connected and that the settings align with your desired output. If problems persist, reaching out to the manufacturer or seeking advice from online forums dedicated to laser engraving may provide additional insights. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a smoother experience with your laser engraving endeavors.