My Newbie setup

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

chrisprice

My Newbie setup

Post by chrisprice »

I have just finished setting up my Xtool D1 pro 10 watt laser engraver in my workshop. Although the laser was £499 I have spent about another £150 on accessories to make it work as well as it can.
The pictures show the overall setup with the enclosure that I have built on top of the bespoke table and the shelf unit built from spare melamine chipboard.
Inside is the machine. The enclosure has a bathroom fan extracting fumes (grill outside) and an air assist to take away burn marks (see picture of star).
I have put all plugs on a 4 gang individually switched extension so i can control what I want on and off.
I am just waiting for a battery operated LED light strip to put in the inside of the roof of the enclosure so I have light.
I should have used 9mm instead of 6mm mdf for the enclosure but otherwise I'm happy enough with it at the moment.
If anyone can see a way to improve the setup, please let me know.
The picture with the cut out stars shows just how good the air assist is.
Sorry having problems with the attachments. No pictures
jgarciaa

Re: My Newbie setup

Post by jgarciaa »

Your setup for the Xtool D1 Pro 10-watt laser engraver looks impressive, especially with the custom-built enclosure and additional accessories you've added to enhance its functionality. However, if you're open to exploring alternative options, I highly recommend considering Monport lasers. They are known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can check out their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Monport lasers might offer you a comparable or even better experience, potentially saving you both time and money in the long run. Nonetheless, your current setup looks well thought out and effective, especially with the added features like the bathroom fan for fume extraction and the air assist for reducing burn marks.