Help please! Problems marking bare on aluminum.

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Seans

Help please! Problems marking bare on aluminum.

Post by Seans »

Hi all,

Please help! This is my first post so I apologize if I'm not following the required format. But I can't mark on bare aluminum with a 50 watt fiber laser with 300mm x 300mm lens. I'm using Lightburn. Tried all sorts of settings. 100% power, slowed it to a crawl at 10mm per sec. 20hz frequency. It wont even make a ding. What am I doing wrong. Followed multiple youtube videos.

Thanks, Sean
MPjohn_10

Re: Help please! Problems marking bare on aluminum.

Post by MPjohn_10 »

Latest laser engraving and marking equipment intended especially for metal engraving applications is the Monport GI60. Featuring a built-in MOPA fiber laser, this device provides unmatched engraving quality. You can use it on engraving aluminums. Check it here! https://bit.ly/3Q32wFC
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Seans wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:37 pm Hi all,

Please help! This is my first post so I apologize if I'm not following the required format. But I can't mark on bare aluminum with a 50 watt fiber laser with 300mm x 300mm lens. I'm using Lightburn. Tried all sorts of settings. 100% power, slowed it to a crawl at 10mm per sec. 20hz frequency. It wont even make a ding. What am I doing wrong. Followed multiple youtube videos.

Thanks, Sean

Concerning your difficulty marking on bare aluminum with a 50-watt fiber laser and a 300mm x 300mm lens using Lightburn, it sounds frustrating! Despite trying various settings, it's not producing the desired results. Have you checked the focus of the laser beam? Ensuring it's properly focused on the aluminum surface is crucial for effective marking. Additionally, try experimenting with different power levels, speeds, and frequencies to find the optimal combination for aluminum marking. If the issue persists, consider consulting with experienced professionals or reaching out to the Lightburn community for further guidance.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Seans wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:37 pm Hi all,

Thanks, Sean
Considering your difficulty marking bare aluminum with your current setup, you might want to explore the Monport laser as an alternative. It's known for its ease of use, high quality, and affordability, which might suit your needs better. You can find more information about the Monport laser product on https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
. It could offer the solution you're looking for in your laser marking endeavors.