INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Johnic
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:52 pm
Location: Orange County Cali

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Johnic » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 pm

New to site and to this forum and about to purchase a Nova 35. Can someone tell me how to get access to the Tech Support forum ? What’s the process.

Spitzleo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 am

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Spitzleo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:58 am

Greetings all,

I wont waste everyone's time here with a bunch of chat. My Wife and I are interested in purchasing a laser engraver/cutter for a small home based business. I am interested in one that is large enough to handle poster board size sheets and capable of cutting 1/4 inch birch plywood. I know nothing about them and don't plan on becoming an expert. I am looking for something that is reliable, easy to use, and won't break the bank to get into. What software would I need for creating patterns?

Eager for advise,
Leo

Johnic
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:52 pm
Location: Orange County Cali

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Johnic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Spitzleo wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:58 am
Greetings all,

I wont waste everyone's time here with a bunch of chat. My Wife and I are interested in purchasing a laser engraver/cutter for a small home based business. I am interested in one that is large enough to handle poster board size sheets and capable of cutting 1/4 inch birch plywood. I know nothing about them and don't plan on becoming an expert. I am looking for something that is reliable, easy to use, and won't break the bank to get into. What software would I need for creating patterns?

Eager for advise,
Leo
Look into “Inkscape” its a free vector drawing software like coraldraw.

tuopuke
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 am

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by tuopuke » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 am

I am owen from china.yes,it is a factory i am working.The factory is designing the mini laser engraver.It is small power,the working area is small,it can not engrave too hard items.The machine is very low price.But it is good to start laser engraving.I would glad to introduce our more products if anyone are interested in
thanks all
Owen Cao

JohnB
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by JohnB » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi all! Name is John and I am very very green when it comes to Laser Engraving. I am thinking of buying one for my wife's business but not even sure where to start. I am hoping that I can learn from all of you so that I can make an informed purchase and learn programming as well.

Anyhow

Thanks in advance for your assistance

John

megan.bee
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by megan.bee » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:55 am

Hello, Everyone!

I'm relatively new to laser cutting, I've been using the GlowForge since it came out, and I decided it was ready to graduate to a professional machine. After lots of research and talking to reps and reading message boards and getting a 'gut' feeling, I just ordered a Trotec Speedy 300 80w. I cannot wait to get it and get going. I'll be sure to keep anyone who is interested updated on its capabilities. I am in NJ in the USA and if you want to check out some of the projects I've done with my glowforge, you can see them here: https://www.instagram.com/thebeehiveworkshop/

Happy engraving! Look forward to being a part of this community. -Megan

sokkheang
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by sokkheang » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi....i am from Asian and i am new member in this Laser Engraver....let 's me say hello everyone!!!! i come here because i want to learn some knowledge about laser cutter.

Ellen
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Ellen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am

sokkheang wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:02 pm
Hi....i am from Asian and i am new member in this Laser Engraver....let 's me say hello everyone!!!! i come here because i want to learn some knowledge about laser cutter.
Hello dear, nice to meet you :lol: , i study laser machine about 2 years, maybe i can help you something.

Ellen
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Ellen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 am

JohnB wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm
Hi all! Name is John and I am very very green when it comes to Laser Engraving. I am thinking of buying one for my wife's business but not even sure where to start. I am hoping that I can learn from all of you so that I can make an informed purchase and learn programming as well.

Anyhow

Thanks in advance for your assistance

John
Hello John, nice to meet you, i am Ellen, i study laser machine about 2 years, maybe i can help you something.
Firstly, the material you want to engrave, secondly, the price you can accept, thirdly, you can go to www.alibaba.com and see the one you want.

leopoldwei
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:23 am

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by leopoldwei » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:08 am

Hi All,
I come from Taiwan and service a laser equipment company in China. Our machine, control system and operating system should be in the TOP 10 in the world, but our price is higher than other China suppliers too.
We have been in laser business for over 15 years and we like to share some laser information with friends. I apology for our poor website design, but it still could provide some simple information. If you are interested in some machine or you have any question, please feel free to e-mail me for additional information. I will try my best to answer your question, no worry, our sales model is B2B, not B2C.

website: www.central-laser.com
e-mail: market@central-laser.com

PS. Who uses our control system? For your reference, Coca-Cola China (fly marking system), China Glasses Group (fly marking system).

Post Reply