Need helps with cutting wood

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Jessieea

Need helps with cutting wood

Post by Jessieea »

Hi Everyone,

I have a 50w laser engraving machine. I am trying to cut 1/4" plywood and so far I am having no success. I have tried many different settings and I either burn the wood to a chair or I have to cut the same shape 20 times before it cuts through. I have seen videos of other people cutting through 1/4" plywood with no issues, 1 pass and with a 50w laser. Is there something I am missing? Any help, suggestions or setting you can give me would be amazing. Trying to make a Mr & Mrs heart for a wedding for a friend of mine.

Thanks
Terencerem

Re: Need helps with cutting wood

Post by Terencerem »

In my experience it all depends on the type of plywood. I can cut through 6mm (1/4") birch hobby plywood with one pass on my 50w machine. If I try to cut exterior grade plywood from the hardware store, there is no chance of cutting with a single pass.
Hierro

Post by Hierro »

Hi, Jessieea

First, your 50w can cut 6 mm plywood without problem.
But you should consider next :

-Your tube co2 could be widely used.
- the distance between plywood nozzle must be correct. In my machine is 6 mm.
- the temperature of the cooling water should be low, close to 18 degrees. If you haven't chiller then be careful.
- the correct alignment of mirrors and lens cleaning is very important too.

I hope I've helped
Desde Jerez de la Frontera, sur de España, mis mejores deseos a todos.
Jessieea

Post by Jessieea »

Hierro,
Thank you very much.I think the mirrors is getting dirty.
laserprona

Post by laserprona »

Hello friends,

Laserprona is the leading suppliers for providing the laser engravers machine for cutting wood quickly.Laser engravers should be chosen according to the item and the material of the items to be engraved. Engravers with a combination of functions may seem convenient, but they may not always fit the needs of specific items. It helps to know the specifications of items to be engraved because then you can choose the laser engraver that will be the most effective and efficient.

With regards
Alex Hennell
kurt@laserprona.com

Post by kurt@laserprona.com »

The sample you asked about is a 3D Mode grey scale image engraved into acrylic using a LaserPro Spirit GLS. As to cutting 1/4" thick plywood on a 50 watt should be pretty easy to accomplish unless you do not actually have 50 watts of power. See me cutting 1/2" thick on a Spirit GLS 80 watt. https://youtu.be/ZMDmEneWrj4
laserprona

Post by laserprona »

I agree with your opinion but laserprona has provided the laser engraver machine with new technology is very excellent and modest route for businesses. Normally, lasers utilized for cutting wood reach between 200 to 800 watts.The timber marking machine laser offers the advantage of being not only extremely accurate but also good speed tasks. Computer-aided laser wood engraving does not damage your belongings because everything will be set to the millimeter. Regarding the result, the laser engraving on wood produces beautiful contrasts on wood, especially when the wood is hard and clear. If you want to know more details, you can get through our website by online.