INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

engravity

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by engravity »

Hi All,
I have a 60w red and black chinese laser. It functions quite well. I use RDWORKS software and prepare my photos etc for engraving through GIMP2 then into RDWORKS. I sometimes do extra in Inkscape before l;oading into RDWORKS. The only extra item I bought was an aquarium cooler as I am nearly in the tropics in Australia. I run this at 18 degrees Celcius. I engrave mainly onto leather, wood, card, acrylic and glass. I am looking forward to being part of the forum. Have a great 2020 everyone.
wanabegeek

Post by wanabegeek »

Hi everyone
I'm a complete noob at this. I bought a kit off Wish and managed to construct it despite the instructions all being in Chinese. Found a video on YouTube of someone building a similar one.

I've installed the software but have had no luck getting it to work. Some of the preloaded pictures have worked others haven't.

I really need to understand what parameters need to be set and what I can change and control. I'm not with the machine just now so I can't give any details but I'll do that when I get home.

I'm a woodworker so my primary reason for using the machine is to burn images onto my wood projects. Thanks in advance for any help available.
Mark101

Post by Mark101 »

MurrayBrown wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 pm
Mark101 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 pm Hi.
We live in wonderful Essex ENGLAND.
We have bought a NEJE MASTER 7w engraver.
It works well and so we decided to get the 20w module to cut stuff out.
Let's see how we get on.
I am in Winnipeg Manitoba CANADA and I'm an absolute NEWBIE. I don't even have a machine ... yet. Still exploring options.
How did the 20W laser retrofit work out?
hi, yes the 20w retro fit works very well, I have since bought a feungsake 100x100 15w laser, the software for it is a complete dog, I need software I can resize before burning.
Chewbarka

Post by Chewbarka »

Hello Everyone!
Chewbarka manufactures Laser engravable Identification tags right here in the USA!
Maybe it is time to expand your offerings with Luggage or Pet tags! Chewbarka is offering Free sample packs along with a 10% discount code. Just enter USA10 at checkout. Send me a email chewbarka@me.com or a PM on the site with your address.
People absolutely will never neglect there loved ones!

I have the outlines for simple setup.

Thank you all for your continued support!
www.chewbarka.com
Frank
Attachments
Chewy tags.jpg
Chewy tags.jpg (62.58 KiB) Viewed 135531 times
Şaaruuk475

Post by Şaaruuk475 »

Greetings all,

Total noob to laser engraving living in Orlando Florida, and I recently purchased the 3000mW Benbox laser engraver Model (?) 6550 from Bangood in China. It went together quite easily and I have it programmed with Benbox and the appropriate firmware for the Arduino Nano control board. It works pretty well but as usual with stuff from China, instructions and details are pretty sparse.

Also, I'm completely unfamiliar with some of the terminology used in the manual. I have no idea what "Step Pin" or "Dir Pin" means and the numerical values are meaningless to me.

Also, my BIGGEST issue is how do I clear the screen of whatever I've just engraved so that I can place something else up there. So far, the only way I'm able to start with a 'clean-slate' so to speak is to shut down the program and re-launch it. :roll:

I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any information anyone might offer or even links to a decent tutorial on what all the controls/parameters do.

Thank you all very much.

Şaaruuk (Pronounced 'Sha-Rook' but like the chess piece, not 'roof'.)
lucia2001

Post by lucia2001 »

MurrayBrown wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:55 am I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA and am strongly considering purchasing a CNC laser engraver/cutter. I'll be turning 70 in a few weeks and as always, looking for new and different things to keep my mind active.

The laser engraver/cutter that I finally choose will be used for home hobby work so no production needs are necessary, although the ability to cut through 3mm to 6mm wood would be very beneficial.

My other hobbies are woodworking and enjoying my 2004 BMW in the summer months. I used to have street rods that I built/modified (1974 GTO and 1948 Pontiac) and had motorcycles also. Unfortunately the hips and knees and ankles have started to wear out so the motorcycle days are over.

As a "genuine" Newbie to the world of CNC laser engraver/cutters, I don't have a machine yet ... but will be asking many questions to try to sort out the myriad of options out there.
Hello. I am a Chinese girl in the laser industry. I should call you GRANDPA haha. I'm impressed by your positive attitude. As it happens, I can offer you the help you need. You can ask me any questions that are convenient for you, even if you don't buy from me. Want to exchange your fresh ideas with you! My e-mail address is lucia@alsgd.com/ My whatspp is:+86 18118153983
Oriental-laser

Post by Oriental-laser »

Hi everyone it is Michael REN from Oriental-laser technology (Beijing) Co,.Ltd, we got rich experience of producing laser module for fifteen years, and we accept OEM order of laser module, Just tell us your inquiries, and our engineers will get it done. michael.ren@oriental-laser is my e-mail address,
+8613935338768 is my whatsapp account, if you have any inquiries, feel free to contact me anytime you available.
segal

Post by segal »

ortur laser 7w machine
does not turn on .The red LED is lit but does nothing else.
What could be the problem?
winniliss

Post by winniliss »

Hello,
Melissa and I have recently purchased a Nova35/130w machine. It's now big learning curve time.
We have been looking at buying a laser for a number of years but due to price we couldn't.
Very happy with out machine and hopefully it will last years to come.
Cheers
Winston
JangoFett140

Post by JangoFett140 »

Hey my name is Cody and I have a Chinese K40 Ive been slowly upgrading till I killed it today but want to keep expanding its abilities once its fixed for home projects, prop and cosplay work.