INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

rhyne

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by rhyne »

Hi all,

I'm rhyne and I've been a professional laser engraver for 5 years now... with a focus on custom engravings on firearms/guns. My office has 2 fiber lasers...

1. Epilog Fibermark 30 watt
2. Laserstar 80 watt

I've been a member on this forum for a while, but haven't really chimed in much or explored all that much either. Looking forward to getting more familiar with what's happening around here. I also am interested in purchasing a laser to have at my home and am trying to research some of the various options, costs, support, etc... Does anyone know a good place to compare the wide variety of offerings that are now available? it's a lot to wrap my head around so far. Thanks.
mikesinclair

Post by mikesinclair »

Hi,

I'm Mike and I have a laser problem. It seems that most of my problems I try to solve with my laser :-( I have been a happy laser user for 19 years now. Even did preliminary research in CO2 lasers in late 60's. Happy to be a member here :-)
Gazell16

Post by Gazell16 »

Hi all.
I'm a complete newby to lasers.
I built the MPCNC last year using a makita router . I'm planning on making a couple of flight sim panels. It works great for cutting however the engraving quality is very poor.
I've got some translucent opal acrylic and sprayed it black with plasticoat.
I've seen a few people on YouTube etch the black to reveal the white underneath using the k40 laser.
My question is would a diode laser etch the black paint away. I don't need to cut the acrylic with a laser, just engrave text into it
Many thanks
Gary
richmcc1

Post by richmcc1 »

Hi my name is Rich I recently converted a Davinci' duo 2.0 to a laser engraver using UNO/CNC shield with GBRL 1.1.x I am using a Neje 30w input laser.

I am hoping to sell my own designs through various online outlets.
swilker

Post by swilker »

Hi I'm Drew. I just upgraded from my 60W Orion to OMTech 100W Laser Engraver and Cutter. I've been hooked on laser cutter engravers since 2013 when I discovered them at the CCBC FabLab. I've been using laser engravers ever since. I'm a college professor and we have a Universal 150W at the college, thanks to me. UMBC also has that same unit thanks to me.

I also own a CNC machine and it has seen little use since I've been using lasers. I'm also an avid 3D printer enthusiast and combine the laser and 3D printing to make experiments for mechatronics, robotics and control theory. Anyhow, hi

Drew
idplasma

Post by idplasma »

Good afternoon!

Thank you for the add, I just setup my new laser last night and having a blast already. I previously had a CNC plasma so a lot of the basics have crossed over but excited and impressed to see all the designs you guys are doing!
bullin82

Post by bullin82 »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and laser life in general. I may have made a mistake and bought a universal engraver 15000mW blue laser machine. Support is minimal at best. I've figured out how everything works but can't figure out how to get an index light or anything really so i know where the laser will start.
enkamakovsek

Post by enkamakovsek »

Shanley wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 am Hello All,

I came across laserski graver forum after searching across the Web for info on DIY CNC. I like building things and recently started woodworking as a hobby and I hope to learn more about DIY CNC machines to assist with that.

I love the aspect that I can build a CNC machine myself.

I hope to learn as much as possible from the experienced folks here. Also, I am looking for recommendations for a starter CNC machine to attempt to build.

I am open to all recommendations or advice.

Cheers,

Vic from Virginia
Hello Vic,

there are a lot of DIY CNC machines out there but in the recent years many brands have come out with affordable machines. Let us know what desires do you have - what would you like to engrave - wood only? What dimensions of the tabletop?

:arrow:
CloudrayLaser

Post by CloudrayLaser »

Hello everyone:
I am coming from Cloudray Laser.
We provide intelligent laser solutions and are committed to the research and sales of laser products.
Regarding laser cutting and laser marking issues, we can discuss together.
Alshur

Post by Alshur »

Hello All:

I'm Al from SoCA, USA and I have a 3018 PROVer CNC router & 7000mW laser and a WAINLUX L1 that I want to use for some small repetitive projects that don't need much laser power.

Novice at both and hoping to learn.