INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Fbtbbhxep

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Fbtbbhxep »

Hi All,
I'm a laser newbie. I started working with laser machines about 5 years ago, every thing learned by test

and error, now if found this site where I have learned several things about laser, thank all of you for the

info posted here, also help me alot with a new laser Water Jet equipment adquired a year ago at our

facility.

Take care and keep the good work.
Vgzofmsan

Post by Vgzofmsan »

I am a programmer. We use SolidWorks and CamWorks. We have about 20 laser machine. Okuma, Mori, Haas, Mazak and Hardinge. We recently purchased the new Okuma Multus and have been having some Post issues. My boss has decided I need to learn how to write posts. Anybody have any suggestions on where to begin?
working hard
Lou_Pera

Post by Lou_Pera »

I'm Lou

I own a small welding shop that should employ 6 people, but currently has 3 1/2. I try to read as much as I can on the "zone", but unfortunately, my time is limited.

I recently purchased a small cnc router that uses a dremel from a member here. I'm planning to learn as much about CNC as I can with this lil gizmo, and have some fun along the way, as I slowly understand more and more, about the various components and software, that is involved with CNC equipment.

So far, I'm sticking with image carving, and when I learn the do's and do nots of that, I'll move on. A few of my carvings are shown here...

http://www.commandotrailers.com/justsomepics.html

For the moment, one of the things that I would like to do, would be to hook up the dremel tool to the control, so it can be programmed to shut off when its done. If anyone can point me to which topic that fits under the best, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The long range goal, is to build a CNC Plasma table to replace my current plasma/oxy-acc set up. I currently have an old Koike "pantograph" table... at least thats what I call it.

My "Howdy" is longer winded than was intended... and I just ran out of breath!

Lou
Zfoebnhyk

Post by Zfoebnhyk »

My name is John Gabriel. I live near Chicago in Illinois USA. I am a retired scientist, 76 years old, and have been interested in machine shop work since I was 20, at first using the student shop while in graduate school.
Having lost the sight of one eye in an accident a couple of years ago, automation of the shop is mandatory to keep my hands away from moving chucks and cutters, so I now have a collection of stepper and servo motors, and am slowly converting machines to N/C. Once everything is running again, I hope to publish my designs for machine automation, and perhaps begin a small business offering kits to automate machines from Sieg, ENCO, and Grizzly, and similar vendors.
Ladonelrorn

Post by Ladonelrorn »

Hi. I just joined a couple of days ago. I'm a professional costumer and prop maker, and my father was a machinist for the better part of his adult life. If he were alive today, he would flip at the notion that one could do CNC milling at home! I'm new to CNC work, and used to sculpting/carving parts by hand. I also have a little experience with 3-D modeling. I'm looking forward to building a Rockcliff setup in the near future. Thanks for this opportunity to learn!
GregoryDrus

Post by GregoryDrus »

Hi - just posting a "hello". Most of my experience is with manual wood working and a little bit of manual milling of Al. The parts I would like to build "seem" like they would be much easier on a cnc mill.
My garage space is very limited, but I would really like to be able to have my own small cnc mill - maybe 1 hp or so.
I know how to draw paper / drafting board, so I also need to learn CAD. At some point, hopefully, I will have read enough from the existing posts to ask a useful question.
Vgzofmsan

Post by Vgzofmsan »

I have purchased a Lathe for some small work from time to time.
I would like to know if someone has instructions in English from assembly to wiring.
I also would like to purchase some beginners books any suggestions.
I someone can give me the baby without labor pains that would be great!

Roger
working hard
AliceTut

Post by AliceTut »

Please allow me to introduce myself.
I am an Assistant Prof. in Mechanical Engineering with ten years of teaching experience. Being overloaded with theory, I now plan to give physical shape to some of my ideas. This website has provided me a very enjoyable and informative journey into the domain of practical applications of all that theory.

I humbly accept that I have only been receiving info, and would be willing to give any possible theoretical inputs from various subjects like Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Vibrations, System Modeling and Analysis, Robotics, Mechatronics etc.

Ashish
Fbtbbhxep

Post by Fbtbbhxep »

Hi.
I haven't read all the replies in this topic, but just wanna introduce myself, shortly. :D :D
34 years, live in Denmark, EU, and work as machinist on a MS SL-150SMC Lathe.
Im here to listen and learn stuff about Edgecam and the machines we have in the company (hopefully) and because i'm a geek.

Sarah
masterdipl

Post by masterdipl »

Hi everyone,
I just joined a few days ago, but have been away from my computer. I am a retired teacher who has the hobby of repairing and restoring old clocks and also trying to make miniature steams engines.. I have been using a Sherline lathe and mill and have noticed where more and more hobbyists are going to using CNC. Therefore I find it necessary to read and listen to the "experts" on a forum like this so that I too may become familiar with this format. Needless to say being a real novice, I will need all the help I can get if I want to update my lathe and mill to this type of system. ---------Alice