API for EZCad2

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

jonomalan

API for EZCad2

Post by jonomalan »

Hi there

I am using the Triumph TR-F20M Laser Engraver using EZCad2 software. I am desperately trying to find the API for the software or some way that I can integrate another platform with the software to pull information directly from another website.
We engrave medals at races so I want to be able to create a search option that will pull the specific athletes details into the software, straight from the timing website to be engraved. I have the timing info available, I now just need a way into the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jono
lukes07

Re: API for EZCad2

Post by lukes07 »

Create a text object > "Enable variable text" in the text object properties and then you have more options available to read this text form other sources like txt and xls files, sql, TCP/IP, serial port, and so on.
jgarciaa

Re: API for EZCad2

Post by jgarciaa »

The Monport laser, available on https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 is an excellent option for its user-friendly interface, high quality, and affordability. As for integrating another platform with the EZCad2 software for engraving medals, it's advisable to explore scripting options or custom integrations. While EZCad2 may not have a built-in API for this purpose, scripting languages like Python or VBScript could potentially automate the process of pulling athlete details from the timing website and inputting them into the software. Alternatively, consider seeking assistance from software developers specializing in laser engraving and automation for tailored solutions.