Enhancing engraved part of leather

You can free download laser cut designs Free Vector Art from this forum.And you can Share your laser files, laser works here.

Moderator: baker

Forum rules
You need to do is register as a user and go directly to the files you want to Download
atharalikhichi

Enhancing engraved part of leather

Post by atharalikhichi »

Hi all,

I am newbie here as well as with engraving.

I have just done a engraving on my full grain leather wallet however I want to make the engraved part standout. The black burned leather is just getting light as I clean it with wipes.

Any way I can enhance the engraving to make it stand out ? Any black color or something that I can apply that should enhance the engraved part but it shouldnt effect the non-engraved part?

Picture attached.

PS. In the attached picture, I haven't cleaned it after laser engraving yet with wet wipes as the black burned part spreads over when I move my finger on it. To get rid of it, I clean it with just wet wipes but that literally dulls the engraving (black part). That's why I need it make the engraving stand out.

Many thanks for any help.

Govan

Re: Enhancing engraved part of leather

Post by Govan »

I have never tried this, but if I did I would use Black Shoe polish or something like that for leather.
Anoxine laser

Re: Enhancing engraved part of leather

Post by Anoxine laser »

About leather carving, should be in the laser software, the laser frequency of the appropriate speed, laser power can only be between 10-20%, you can try
My email address is yubangying1985@163.com