Machine is getting jammed

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

bespoke

Machine is getting jammed

Post by bespoke »

Hi,

Every time is start a cut or start the machine its resets to origin and then when it travels y axis it gets jammed up and the origin point are off. it sometimes gets jammed mid-cut too.

What do I do?
mikecahill

Re: Machine is getting jammed

Post by mikecahill »

are you lubricating it with WD40? I found it evaporated off leaving a sticky deposit, I now use machine oil (Liquid Paraffin actually) no more jams
bespoke

Post by bespoke »

It happens after sending a file and not on all files... but sometimes when the file is cutting a bunch of small parts it'll suddenly get jammed, lose the origin and start cutting on top of what I already have. That's what leads me to believe it isn't lubrication because this started randomly and only with certain files.
downunder1811

Post by downunder1811 »

Hi guys, I am having a problem with my laser jamming up and cant seem to work out what the problem is or could be. I have checked the servo motors and the parameters and all seems OK, but when i send a job to the machine and do a test it jams up on the Y axis it goes across OK. Now this has only started and was working great last time i used it so i am confused to why this would just start doing it, i thought it might of been a software issue so i deleted it and reinstalled it but still the same. The machine does it when manually moving it with touch pad as well, only in the Y Axis not Z or X, any ideas would be great thanks.

My guess is either a stepper motor or a control panel but how can i tell which it could be without buying these parts.

stuck for ideas..