using a laser that have PWM and 24V ports

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

MigLeader

using a laser that have PWM and 24V ports

Post by MigLeader »

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the DIY laser engraver I built.

I followed this https://howtomechatronics.com/projects/ ... -engraver/ guide, and I was successful with it, but I got stuck with operating the laser module

I bought the laser (Comgrow 40W Laser Engraving Module), which has two input ports, as seen in the image
MVIMG_20230112_232600.jpg
MVIMG_20230112_232600.jpg (108.43 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
, one for PWM and another for 24V

also, I bought this module https://www.amazon.com/NOYITO-Transisto ... 346&sr=8-5 but plugging it overheats is a lot

How can I use it with a CNC Shield and Arduino?

I would appreciate any help as this laser module cost me a lot, and it would be such a loss if I didn't use it
Ben

Re: using a laser that have PWM and 24V ports

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

It sounds like you've built a DIY laser engraver following a guide from howtomechatronics.com, but you're having trouble operating the laser module that you purchased (Comgrow 40W Laser Engraving Module) with a CNC Shield and Arduino.

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that you're having difficulty using the module with a transistor module (NOYITO Transistor Module) that you bought from Amazon, and that plugging it in causes it to overheat.

One possible solution to this issue could be to check the voltage requirements for the laser module and the transistor module to ensure that they are compatible. It's possible that the transistor module may not be able to handle the voltage needed by the laser module, which could explain why it is overheating.

Alternatively, you may want to consider using a different transistor module that is better suited to your needs, or exploring other methods of controlling the laser module using an Arduino and CNC Shield.

There are a number of resources online that may be able to provide guidance and assistance with these types of DIY projects, including forums, online communities, and tutorials. I would recommend doing some additional research and reaching out to others who have experience with similar projects to see if they have any advice or suggestions.

Best of luck with your DIY laser engraver!