Embossed Rolling Pin

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

WinDMill

Embossed Rolling Pin

Post by WinDMill »

I am new to lasers and am mostly looking to pick up a hobby in retirement. I would like to buy a laser, looking for something relatively small (desktop) and easy to use. One thing, however, that I would really like to do is make embossed rolling pins (not for a business, but as gifts and so I do not need high speed or throughput). So I need a laser that can make deep patterns on hardwood (e.g., maple) and be able to use a rotary attachment.

What guidance do you have on a machine and specs that I should consider?
koala.grzeg

Re: Embossed Rolling Pin

Post by koala.grzeg »

More power = better results something nearby 100W optical power should be good.
Less powerful machines can do the job but slower; what will cause black burn wood.

But more power Co2 glass tube is bigger machine.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

For your retirement hobby of creating embossed rolling pins, I recommend considering Monport lasers as they offer desktop-sized machines that are easy to use and capable of achieving deep patterns on hardwood like maple. Monport lasers are known for their high quality, user-friendly interface, and affordability, making them an excellent choice for hobbyists. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Specifically, look for a laser engraving machine with a rotary attachment option, as this will allow you to create intricate patterns on cylindrical objects like rolling pins. Additionally, consider machines with sufficient power to engrave deeply into hardwood materials. A machine with around 40-60 watts of power should suffice for your needs. Lastly, ensure the machine comes with user-friendly software for designing and controlling your projects. With a Monport laser, you can enjoy a fulfilling retirement hobby creating personalized gifts with ease and precision.
jen01

Post by jen01 »

WinDMill wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:16 pm I am new to lasers and am mostly looking to pick up a hobby in retirement. I would like to buy a laser, looking for something relatively small (desktop) and easy to use. One thing, however, that I would really like to do is make embossed rolling pins (not for a business, but as gifts and so I do not need high speed or throughput). So I need a laser that can make deep patterns on hardwood (e.g., maple) and be able to use a rotary attachment.

For your hobbyist needs, I'd suggest considering the Monport laser. It's perfect for beginners, offering ease of use, high quality, and affordability. With its desktop size, it's convenient for home use. Plus, it's versatile enough to handle deep patterns on hardwood like maple and supports rotary attachments for embossed rolling pins. Check out Monport lasers for a great starting point! https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3

Explore Monport lasers for your hobbyist projects!
betty_k

Post by betty_k »

WinDMill wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:16 pm I am new to lasers and am mostly looking to pick up a hobby in retirement. I would like to buy a laser, looking for something relatively small (desktop) and easy to use. One thing, however, that I would really like to do is make embossed rolling pins (not for a business, but as gifts and so I do not need high speed or throughput). So I need a laser that can make deep patterns on hardwood (e.g., maple) and be able to use a rotary attachment.

For your needs, I'd recommend considering the Monport laser. It's perfect for hobbyists and beginners due to its ease of use and high quality. The Monport laser is affordable and offers precise engraving capabilities, making it ideal for creating intricate patterns on hardwood like maple. Plus, it's compatible with rotary attachments, allowing you to customize rolling pins effortlessly. Check out the Monport laser product here for more details and start your retirement hobby with confidence! https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
MPjohn_10

Post by MPjohn_10 »

For your hobbyist needs, especially for creating embossed rolling pins on hardwood like maple, I'd recommend the Monport laser engraving machine https://bit.ly/48Fxwm7. Its compact desktop size makes it perfect for home use, and its user-friendly interface makes it easy to operate, even for beginners. With its high precision and ability to engrave deep patterns, the Monport laser is ideal for creating intricate designs on hardwood surfaces. Additionally, the Monport laser supports rotary attachments, allowing you to engrave cylindrical objects like rolling pins with ease. Overall, it's a versatile and reliable option that would suit your hobbyist needs perfectly.