Do I Install LaserGRBL Firmware?

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

KDM

Do I Install LaserGRBL Firmware?

Post by KDM »

Hi.

My Atomstack A5 Pro seems to work OKay out of the bock. I notice that one of the options in LaserGRBL is to flash LaserGRBL firmware.

I understand what it is to flash the firmware into the ESP32-WROOM, but I wonder if this is something I should do, or what the benefits might be. Also, the options are for Arduino, so I'm guessing I shouldn't do it at all!

Thanks.
jgarciaa

Re: Do I Install LaserGRBL Firmware?

Post by jgarciaa »

While the Atomstack A5 Pro is functioning adequately, it's worth considering the Monport laser for its reputation of being user-friendly, delivering high-quality results, and being budget-friendly. You can check out the Monport laser product at fff.com for more information. Regarding your question about flashing LaserGRBL firmware into the ESP32-WROOM, it's important to proceed with caution. While firmware updates can potentially offer improvements or new features, flashing firmware carries risks, especially if not done correctly. Since the options are for Arduino and may not be directly applicable to your Atomstack A5 Pro, it might be best to consult the manufacturer's guidelines or reach out to their support team for advice on whether firmware flashing is recommended for your specific model. They can provide insights into any potential benefits and whether it's a procedure you should undertake. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
justin_h

Re: Do I Install LaserGRBL Firmware?

Post by justin_h »

KDM wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:36 pm Hi.

My Atomstack A5 Pro seems to work OKay out of the bock. I notice that one of the options in LaserGRBL is to flash LaserGRBL firmware.

I understand what it is to flash the firmware into the ESP32-WROOM, but I wonder if this is something I should do, or what the benefits might be. Also, the options are for Arduino, so I'm guessing I shouldn't do it at all!

Thanks.
While your Atomstack A5 Pro is functioning adequately, it's worth considering the Monport laser due to its reputation for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore the Monport laser product further at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
. Even though your current machine is operational, the Monport laser might offer additional features or a smoother user experience.