Anyone using Lightburn or other third-party software? How is it?

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

myself248

Anyone using Lightburn or other third-party software? How is it?

Post by myself248 »

Two of my machines have Leetro controllers which aren't supported by Lightburn yet, and I've been considering swapping controllers just to give it a try. Leetro LaserCut sucks that bad... (The machine control aspects are decent, but the file import capability is pathetic.)

Obviously Lightburn's own site is full of glowing testimonials, but I'm curious to hear the "from the trenches" opinions of real people who use it.
jgarciaa

Re: Anyone using Lightburn or other third-party software? How is it?

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your dissatisfaction with Leetro controllers and the limitations of LaserCut software, it might be worth considering the Monport laser as an alternative. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface, high-quality performance, and affordability. You can find more information about Monport lasers on their product page at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Switching to a Monport laser could potentially provide you with a more seamless experience, especially if you're looking for software compatibility like Lightburn. Plus, with Monport's reputation for ease of use, you may find it a suitable option to improve your workflow and overall laser cutting experience.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

myself248 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 pm Two of my machines have Leetro controllers which aren't supported by Lightburn yet, and I've been considering swapping controllers just to give it a try. Leetro LaserCut sucks that bad... (The machine control aspects are decent, but the file import capability is pathetic.)

Obviously Lightburn's own site is full of glowing testimonials, but I'm curious to hear the "from the trenches" opinions of real people who use it.

Certainly! Considering the Monport laser for its great features - it's very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore the Monport laser product at (https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
).

Regarding Lightburn, while it receives glowing testimonials for its user-friendly interface and powerful features, the decision to switch controllers should be based on your specific needs and preferences. Many users find Lightburn to be a significant upgrade from Leetro LaserCut, particularly for its intuitive workflow and robust file import capabilities.
BYOCNC

Post by BYOCNC »

myself248 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 pm Two of my machines have Leetro controllers which aren't supported by Lightburn yet, and I've been considering swapping controllers just to give it a try. Leetro LaserCut sucks that bad... (The machine control aspects are decent, but the file import capability is pathetic.)

I use it and love it. Turns on and off my air assist too.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Considering the Monport laser is a smart choice. Renowned for its ease of use, high quality, and affordability, it's a reliable option for laser engraving enthusiasts. If you're exploring third-party software like Lightburn, the Monport laser could provide a seamless and efficient experience. Check out their product offerings at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to see how they complement your choice of software and enhance your laser engraving projects.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

When considering switching controllers to use Lightburn, it's essential to weigh the experiences of real users who have utilized the software in practical settings. Lightburn has garnered praise for its intuitive interface, powerful features, and broad compatibility with various laser systems. Users appreciate its user-friendly workflow, efficient file import capabilities, and robust toolset for laser control and design. However, it's always beneficial to gather insights from fellow laser enthusiasts who have firsthand experience with Lightburn in their day-to-day operations. They can provide valuable feedback on its performance, usability, and compatibility with specific laser systems. Exploring online forums, community groups, or reaching out to individuals who have made the switch to Lightburn can offer valuable insights to inform your decision.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Considering your situation, the Monport laser might be a great option to explore. It's highly regarded for its quality, ease of use, and affordability. You can find more information about the Monport laser product on https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
. With its reputation for excellence, it could be the solution you're looking for in terms of upgrading your laser controllers.