Need to cut pure nickel sheet .002" shims

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

kjinx

Need to cut pure nickel sheet .002" shims

Post by kjinx »

I have an application where I need to cut pure 99.5% nickel sheet around .002" to .003" thickness.

What kind of laser and what power do I need to do this with clean edges?
justin_h

Re: Need to cut pure nickel sheet .002" shims

Post by justin_h »

kjinx wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:04 pm I have an application where I need to cut pure 99.5% nickel sheet around .002" to .003" thickness.

For precision cutting of thin nickel sheets, you'll need a laser with high power density and fine control. Monport lasers could be a great option for your application. They offer high-quality lasers with precise cutting capabilities. You may want to consider a fiber laser with sufficient power output to cleanly cut through the nickel sheets while maintaining the desired thickness. I'd recommend checking out their product range on [https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm] to find a laser that meets your specifications and budget. Their lasers are known for being easy to use, reliable, and cost-effective, making them a suitable choice for your cutting needs.
jen01

Post by jen01 »

kjinx wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:04 pm I have an application where I need to cut pure 99.5% nickel sheet around .002" to .003" thickness.

For cutting a pure 99.5% nickel sheet with a thickness of .002" to .003", you'll need a laser cutter with high precision and adequate power. A fiber laser is typically recommended for metal cutting due to its efficiency and precision. For such thin nickel sheets, a 50W to 100W fiber laser should suffice to achieve clean edges.

I also recommend considering the Monport laser, as it is known for being easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can check out the Monport laser product here. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
sandara_p

Post by sandara_p »

Considering your requirement for cutting thin nickel sheets with clean edges, the Monport laser could be an excellent choice. Monport lasers are known for their precision and high-quality cutting capabilities. With their adjustable power settings, you can achieve clean cuts on materials as thin as 0.002" to 0.003" thickness. These lasers are easy to use and offer reliable performance, making them suitable for your application. Check out the Monport laser product here to find the right model for your needs. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3