X tool D1 or atomstack, maybe something else?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Nrick8219

X tool D1 or atomstack, maybe something else?

Post by Nrick8219 »

Hello,

I have currently owned a LP2 for just under a year now and I have found it to be quite a good little machine apart from the terrible software. I have mainly used it for leather products which gives good fast results. From seeing other people’s projects on coated metal items there never seems to be a clean cut image or text, I have found this to be the same with glass items. The size limitation also has led me to consider selling it and buying something else.
Could anyone suggest a good alternative in a similar price range or less?
I’ve been looking at the X Tool D1 10w or 20w and the atom stack machines but there are quite a few variations I’m not sure what’s best?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Andrewkl

Re: X tool D1 or atomstack, maybe something else?

Post by Andrewkl »

If you are considering it for commercial purposes, I would suggest not to consider hobbyist machines. You need to invest in an industrial-grade machine as it can significantly enhance your earning capacity. Time is money, and industrial laser engraving machines offer higher precision and efficiency. If you have a limited budget, you can consider Omtech's Polar or Gweike's Gcloud XTool P2. However, if you are ready to expand your business, I highly recommend purchasing Thunder Laser's Nova35. It is undoubtedly a value-for-money investment.
WilliamDomb

Post by WilliamDomb »

Nrick8219 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:19 pm Hello,

I have currently owned a LP2 for just under a year now and I have found it to be quite a good little machine apart from the terrible software. I have mainly used it for leather products which gives good fast results. From seeing other people’s projects on coated metal items there never seems to be a clean cut image or text, I have found this to be the same with glass items. The size limitation also has led me to consider selling it and buying something else.
Could anyone suggest a good alternative in a similar price range or less?
I’ve been looking at the X Tool D1 10w or 20w and the atom stack machines but there are quite a few variations I’m not sure what’s best?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Think of D1 as Apple. You can only do as much as they allow you to do. It's relatively user friendly room for error is minimal but that puts restrictions on customization and creative liberty. Lightburn paired with the correct laser will open up a whole new world. For those that like to have almost everything set up for them then D1 is the right product. If you want more liberty to do what you want and have the mindset that you're willing to put in the time in learning what you need to learn to achieve that, then lightburn and Thunder is the way to go. May be a bit overwhelming at first. But YouTube is great and almost every subject you can think of has been covered. Paired with a group like this for those odd questions or concerns that you can't find elsewhere. It great.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your experience with the LP2 and your interest in finding a machine with better software and capabilities for cutting on coated metal and glass, it might be worth exploring the Monport laser. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface, high-quality results, and affordability. You can check out their product offerings on their website at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Additionally, the Monport laser's versatility and reliability make it a great option for various materials and projects. It's worth considering as a potential alternative to your current machine.