4" lens focus problem

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

cfresh

4" lens focus problem

Post by cfresh »

Hi,

I have a Omicron type (Vevor) 60W CO2 Laser and was having trouble cutting through 9mm ply with the stock lens.
I purchased a 4" lens but the thinnest line I can get in the ramp test is not thin enough and the bed has to lower some 20-25mm to get that.
The lens is installed with the side I can see myself in pointing at the laser. Even with the best focus I can get I cant cut much at all. Any help would be appreciated.
justin_h

Re: 4" lens focus problem

Post by justin_h »

cfresh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:14 am Hi,

I have a Omicron type (Vevor) 60W CO2 Laser and was having trouble cutting through 9mm ply with the stock lens.
I purchased a 4" lens but the thinnest line I can get in the ramp test is not thin enough and the bed has to lower some 20-25mm to get that.
The lens is installed with the side I can see myself in pointing at the laser. Even with the best focus I can get I cant cut much at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Despite upgrading to a 4" lens, cutting 9mm plywood with your Omicron type (Vevor) 60W CO2 Laser remains challenging. Ensure proper lens alignment and experiment with focus and power settings. Consider material quality and cleanliness of the lens and mirrors. If issues persist, seek advice from experienced laser operators or the manufacturer.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.
joshuag

Re: 4" lens focus problem

Post by joshuag »

cfresh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:14 am Hi,

Consider upgrading to the Monport laser for your cutting needs. It's known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. Check out https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
for their Monport laser product. With its advanced features and precision, you'll likely find it more effective for cutting through materials like 9mm ply. Happy laser cutting!