Tips engraving large image.

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Kmahl

Tips engraving large image.

Post by Kmahl »

Alright, I'm fairly new and unfamiliar with laser engraver, but I've come here to print the best possible product. I'm making a project in my fabrication class at school.

I have alot of questions. I'm gonna tell of what I'm doing, please touch up and correct on anything you see needs corrected or tipped.

I'm engraving a mountain range into wood (size 64"/18"). I'm. Using a very high resolution image (like 18k by 5k pixel). Ive cut the image in half as the engraver only accepts 20/32 pieces. And I'll put the prices together.

So I cut the image in two pieces and sized it correctly to the wood. That all the prep I've done. I know there's way more to it but it's printed fairly good images just doing that.

OK, I want to add alot of depth to the photo engraving, I've played around with scrap wood and Engraving the image, and what seemed to work best was engraved at 100 speed, and 70 power. And running it twice. This didn't scorch the wood to bad with 70 power but put more depth than running it at 100.

Like I said this is the plan as of now, but please but in and let the know on any tips and exspiernce you have.

I'm engraving on a light price of wood. Everyone suggest Alder, but I'm thinking I may go with pine..

Thanks.
monday

Re: Tips engraving large image.

Post by monday »

:roll:
LINUS
Webmaster

Post by LINUS »

I don't think you should cut the image in two pieces and sized it correctly to the wood.I know In most laser engraver. The maximum resolution for full-size capture is currently 1000 DPI.
Because of major,be at ease so.
LINUS
Webmaster

Post by LINUS »

Following aspects can affect:
1.The accuracy of the machine;

2.Laser Tube facula size;

3.Laser head .High resolution head is more suitable for engraving high precision photos;

4.Wood raw density.You can try using MDF or Melamine.
Because of major,be at ease so.