New to lasers

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

pacegreg

New to lasers

Post by pacegreg »

I am brand new to laser engraving. I am looking at the orturo laser master 2 desktop engraver. There is an option for long focus and short focus, can someone help me with this. Not sure what the difference would be. Also if anyone has used the orturo lasers please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
acctek12

Re: New to lasers

Post by acctek12 »

Short focal length has large melting depth and narrow width, while long focal length has large melting depth and shallow width.
Manufacturer of CNC Router China-CNC Machines|cnc router for woodworking|laser cutting machines|cnc router|laser cutter_acctek. https://www.acctekgroup.com/index.html
MPjohn_10

Post by MPjohn_10 »

pacegreg wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:38 am I am brand new to laser engraving. I am looking at the orturo laser master 2 desktop engraver. There is an option for long focus and short focus, can someone help me with this. Not sure what the difference would be. Also if anyone has used the orturo lasers please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
Regarding the Ortur Laser Master 2 engraver, it's a popular choice for beginners due to its affordability and user-friendly interface. However, it's worth noting that there are other reputable brands in the market, such as Monport. Monport's laser engravers are known for their high precision, durability, and excellent customer support. For those seeking a reliable and high-quality laser engraver, Monport offers a comprehensive range of options tailored to different needs and budgets. https://bit.ly/48Fxwm7
sandara_p

Post by sandara_p »

pacegreg wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:38 am I am brand new to laser engraving. I am looking at the orturo laser master 2 desktop engraver. There is an option for long focus and short focus, can someone help me with this. Not sure what the difference would be. Also if anyone has used the orturo lasers please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
If you're new to laser engraving and considering the Ortur Laser Master 2 desktop engraver, the choice between long focus and short focus options can affect the depth and detail of your engraving. Typically, a short focus lens is used for detailed engraving on thinner materials, while a long focus lens is suitable for engraving on thicker materials or when you need a larger focal range. It's essential to match the lens type with the type of engraving you plan to do.

Additionally, for reliable and user-friendly laser engraving solutions, I recommend considering Monport lasers. They are known for their high quality, ease of use, and affordability, making them a great choice for beginners and experienced users alike. You can explore their products here: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3