Basic knowledge - Acrylic

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Guyinthesandpit

Basic knowledge - Acrylic

Post by Guyinthesandpit »

Good evening. I am new to laser engraving and wanted to reach out to the community here for help on how to engrave/cut acrylic.

I recently purchased a WeCreat Vision which has a 20w laser and have had several challenges when it has come to engraving and cutting acrylic. Sometimes the laser burns right through and other times there is not even a mark made.

Attached a picture of a butterfly I tried to cut out but was unsuccessful.

Any support or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙏🏼Image
lucasherranz

Free connections, find your partner without obligations

Post by lucasherranz »

A unique encounter, with an emphasis on safety
Verified Females
[URL=https://matchnow.life]Night butterflies dating for special occasions[/URL]
jen01

Re: Basic knowledge - Acrylic

Post by jen01 »

Guyinthesandpit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:57 pm Good evening. I am new to laser engraving and wanted to reach out to the community here for help on how to engrave/cut acrylic.

I recently purchased a WeCreat Vision which has a 20w laser and have had several challenges when it has come to engraving and cutting acrylic. Sometimes the laser burns right through and other times there is not even a mark made.

Attached a picture of a butterfly I tried to cut out but was unsuccessful.

Any support or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙏🏼Image
Given your experience with laser engraving and the challenges you're facing with engraving and cutting acrylic using the WeCreat Vision, it might be worth considering the Monport laser as an alternative. The Monport laser is known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can find more information about the Monport laser product here: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.

Regarding your current issue with engraving and cutting acrylic, inconsistent results such as burning through or not leaving a mark could be due to several factors. Firstly, ensure that your acrylic is properly masked to prevent unwanted burns and reflections. Additionally, adjust your laser power, speed, and focus settings to suit the thickness and type of acrylic you're working with. Experimenting with different settings on scrap pieces can help you find the optimal parameters for your specific material.

If the problem persists, it may be beneficial to consult the user manual or reach out to the manufacturer for further assistance and troubleshooting guidance.

Best of luck with your acrylic engraving and cutting endeavors!